Report – Community Involvement Review Working Group (CIP WG)
November 17, 2009
SEHAB remains a member of this WG, listed as an external partner under “Other Advisors”. The Board submitted a brief (November/07) to this committee providing input from volunteers on the valued roles and responsibilities of Community Advisors.
The Department’s position is that this Committee’s activities/recommendations should be in step with those of the SEP revitalization process.
Here is a summary of the September 10/09 WG conference call:
- Participants -Barry Peters, Mark Johnson, Dave Davies, Laura Purton, Theresa Southam. Joanne Day, Jeff Jung
- Review SWOT/ Watershed Planning Document/SEP Evaluation and SEP Logic Model/Drivers for Change
- Next Steps:Issues and Options
- Roles and Responsibilities Document
- Workshop for Managers
- Summary (Don Lowen)
- WG is using SEHAB’s September/07 brief as information source for Review
- Gaps identified in SWOT analysis
i.List of strengths seems short
ii.Longevity, consistency not included in strengths
iii.No Regional consistency on level of admin support
iv.Area Management not identified as threat
- Consensus that WG “take a crack at it first then have other CA’s look at it”
- General discussion on how SWOT should be revised, and strategy leading to a draft of roles and responsibilities.